CLOSING

My project is titled, "When I Grow Up..." It is about the transformation of childhood hopes and dreams to present-time goals and dreams. It is important for the viewer to try and catch every sound and visual as it takes you along but is a struggle to do so with its rapid pace. Each time the video is played, you catch a glimpse of something you may not have noticed before. 
My roommates played a huge part in my project. I came up with a series of questions that I asked each of them, interview-style, using a recording studio and a microphone. I asked my roommates to be a part of this project knowing that every one of us are unique and differ from each other. In the making, I learned a lot about my roomies that I hadn't known before. One thing I learned from them is how much more similar we are than I had realized. And another, being that while our motives on work changed, we all still have the same passions and desires we once had as kids. I think the result I got from them would stay consistent if I asked more people. 
My project fits into the course by using sound, layering, sequencing, and glitch art, as well as the use of the Adobe Software such as, Premiere. It also involves all three of the main topics discussed throughout this semester: time, composition, and representation.

Comments