C O D E

I have had experience with coding prior to this class, in a web design course that I took last semester. From that, I learned that coding is like a whole new language and that it is not always easy to understand. Although similar in some ways, processing is different from the coding that I did in HTML. I found that processing is slightly simpler. I like that in processing it will tell you when there is an error and what the error signifies. I also like that you can open up new spreadsheets easily, files are more organized, and there are less steps to take for certain actions.

I find it interesting that with its numerical and computational aspects, people often use processing for creating art. But in the same sense, I can see how this process can be much more efficient for creating uniformed designs because it is so arithmetic and methodical.

What I've come to learn about coding in general is that it can be a very long and tedious task. It is a challenge when trying to discover how to fix any errors that you've made because it may be the language itself, or simply just the order it is placed in the document. Some of the code language is quite complicated for me to wrap my head around and it doesn't help that math is not my strong suit. I do think that code is good to learn because it expands one's palette and opens doors to other options in the art field. That being said, I am glad that I have some background in coding but I do not see it being put to use in my future because it comes as such a challenge for me.

Comments