INITIAL THOUGHTS ON FINAL PROJECT

The first thought that came to my mind when being explained what to do for our final project, was a depiction of the transformation from a caterpillar to a butterfly. This thought came so easily to me because it is something that is often used as a symbol of transformation and is first introduced at a very young age. As simple as this idea was, it too transformed into many other ideas such as; of a coming of age transformation from my baby years until now, and the transforming of my artwork from when I first began creating, until now. I then thought of the topic we touched base on earlier in the year--time--and tied that with one of my favorite things to look at everyday--the sky. The sky is a beautiful always changing thing straight from our Earth. It has always fascinated me to watch and even more so when seeing a time lapse of its changes. I thought it would be a great topic for me to cover but then I wondered how I could incorporate other topics and/or techniques we covered in class. I thought about how the sky goes through transformations all on its own and so maybe I could create glitch effects throughout its transformation to create an interesting change that I created myself and disturb the natural beauty of the sky. I also thought about drawing designs/mandalas, scanning them onto photoshop, and translating them into the background of the sky snapshots. This would not only incorporate another aspect of a technique we went over in class, but also reflect a passion and pull I have towards creating designs.

Comments